Pregnant women, Infants, Children
The information on the website is for reference only. Please check with the corresponding airline/institution/facility for accuracy.
Boarding guidelines for pregnant mothers and infants
Boarding guidelines for pregnant mothers and infants
| Pregnant mothers
|| Pregnancy under 32 weeks (under 8 months)
|| May travel except in cases where the doctor prohibited flying
| Pregnancy over 32 weeks, under 36 weeks (over 8 months, under 9 months)
|| May travel only if you sign a waiver form and have written approval or medical certificate from a medical professional within 7 days of travel date
| Pregnancy over 36 weeks (over 9 months, 32 weeks in the case of multiple pregnancy)
|| For the safey of the passenger and a safe flight, you will not be allowed to travel.
|| Typically, infants may travel 7 days after birth.
| Korean Air only allows international and domestic flights for infants over 7 days old, and Asiana only allows domestic flights for infants over 7 days old and international flights for infants over 14 days old.(There may be exceptional cases where boarding is possible after approval process.)
Services within the airport
Stroller rental service
You can rent wheelchairs and strollers free of charge at any information desk within the airport.
Support service for pregnant mothers and women with children
- Asiana provides expedited boarding procedure, electric cart, priority boarding, priority baggage claim services through the Premom(pregnant mother), Happy Mom(accompanied by a child under the age of 3)
- Korean Air provides a staff member to assist women accompanied by more than 2 children under the age of 7 through the “One Family Service” during the boarding procedure, travel to boarding gate, and other parts of travel.
Toddler rest area
- Toddlers, their guardians, and pregnant mothers may use the Incheon Airport Playroom.
- For the convenience of taking care of infants, there are nursing rooms, changing tables, sink, baby bottle disinfector, filtered water dispenser, scale, and hand sanitizer.
Childrens' Play Area
- Incheon Airport provides a play area for young passengers under the age of 8 to play around and enjoy.
Restrictions on web check-in service
Passengers traveling with children under age 2 or unaccompanied minors are exempt from using the web check-in service.
The restrictions might vary among airlines, so please contact your airline in advance.
Unaccompanied Minor (UM) service
- Although the restrictions might vary among airlines, children under age 5 typically cannot travel without an adult.
- Children age 5 and above may travel alone on a flight, and most airlines provide Unaccompanied Minor Service especially for children traveling without an adult. The service involves an airline employee being assigned to the UM passenger and accompanying them onto the plane where a crewmember will be responsible for the UM passenger until another airline employee at the destination picks up the passenger and guide them to the guardian waiting at the destination.
- Korean Air also provides “Junior Care Service” where an airline employee accompanies a UM passenger from a domestic airport through Incheon Airport to a destination abroad.
Security check and immigration process
보안검색 및 출국심사 안내 표
| Exceptions to restrictions on liquid and gel items
| Exceptions to the full body x-ray scan
- Pregnant mothers and young children as well as other eligible vulnerable passengers are exempt from the full body x-ray scan. In such a case, a security officer will inspect the passenger in person.
| Priority Lane
- In order to use Priority Lane
at the Incheon Airport, vulnerable passengers (persons registered as disabled, minors under 7 years of age, seniors over 70 years of age, pregnant mothers, 3 companions included) will need to verify their status at the airline’s check-in counter and receive the “Priority Lane Card”. Present it with the passport at the exclusive departure area entrance.
Service on board
All on-board services vary among airlines, so please contact your airline to check availability.
기내서비스 안내 표
| Baby bassinet
- An infant traveling on an infant airfare does not have an assigned seat, so request a baby bassinet ahead of time for a convenient flight.
- A baby bassinet is provided only to passengers who request it more than 48 hours in advance, and each aircraft can allow around 4 bassinets for the very first row of economy seats.(You must request it in advance, but there still might be a shortage due to availability and space restriction)
| Child seat and safety belt
- If you pay a child’s fare and are traveling on a long-distance flight with a between age 2 and 23, airlines provide a child seat and safety belt at your request. Please reserve in advance.
| Infant meal on board
- It might vary among airlines, but there is a special infant meal. You must request at least 24 hours in advance, and the menu will either include a liquid formula or baby food.
- Korean Air: under 12 months – liquid formula, baby juice, between 12 and 24 months – baby food and juice
- Asiana: Baby Meal, Infant Meal, Kid’s Meal
- Depending on the airline, they might provide extra services such as a nursing cover, thermal socks, changing table, and complimentary stroller or extra bag check.