Airport Economic Bloc
Overview of Airport Economic Bloc
The airport economic bloc is an extensive economic zone in which various airport-related industries are integrated and an industrial ecosystem where a wide spectrum of economic activities are carried out and new values are created through the aviation network.
Changes in the Airport Paradigm
- 1st generation
- Establishment of airplane take-off and landing infrastructure, convenience and commercial facilities in terminals
- 2nd generation
- Cultural complex space (Airport City) combining transportation, shopping, and business in addition to leisure and entertainment functions
- 3rd generation
- Industrial hub based on global accessibility and the base for economic activities expanded into hinterland regions
Incheon Airport Economic Zone
Incheon Airport Economic Zone is begin reborn as a global business platform from which optimal synergetic effects are obtained in connection with the Metropolitan Area equipped with advanced industrial facilities
Direct Economic Bloc
- Regulation Free Special Zone (Regulation-free Zone)
- GDC, Fulfillment Center
- Visa-free entry, use of English
- Highest level for each industry
- Serves as the anchor in the airport economic bloc as a whole by recruiting industries
Hinterland Economic Bloc
- General administrative district
- Centered on hinterland industries in connection with direct economic bloc
- Supply of basic parts and development of materials, etc.
- Air export-related manufacturing businesses and fundamental part groups
- Establishes a basis for hinterland industries in the direct economic bloc including education and R&D industry
4 Strategies of Airport Economic Bloc
Through the airport economic bloc, Incheon Airport establishes an economic hub and leads the future with a focus on global business.
With an enormous business platform, a variety of business environments are offered, including a global Aviation Town, an R&D and educational training complex, and airplane financial assistance complex.
Representative landmarks and the tourism industry belt are established, and the GDC, Fulfillment Center, etc. are set up in response to changes in e-commerce and logistics processes.
Advanced Industry Hub
It serves as an industrial complex that leads innovation of the global manufacturing industry by establishing a convergence industrial hub centered on the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Airport Support Hub
A cutting-edge MRO complex and FBO facility is established through mid- to long-term MRO promotion strategies, which comprehensively consider changes in the industrial environment.
Incheon Airport plans to contribute to public values by producing ripple effects that are beneficial to not only airport-related businesses but also the regional and national economy.
Ripple Effects by Area in 2030
2030년도 분야별 파급 효과 안내 표-물류,MRO,관광별 연간 매출, 생산유발 효과 및 합계
||Effect on production inducement
Direct any questions regarding information on the website to:
- Managing department : Economic Zone Planning Team
- Telephone : +82-32-741-3751, 3752